Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 2003 05:41:43 +0100 (CET)
From:      Barry Bouwsma <freebsd-misuser@remove-NOSPAM-to-reply.NOSPAM.dyndns.dk>
To:        FreeBSD Hardware Wizards <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USB camera compatibility question

[Drop my (IPv6-only) address when replying, or strip the hostname to get
 an IPv4 address if you must -- I'm offline too much, but I promise to
 catch up from the archives...]

Greetings, o wise ones with handy hardware knowledge...

I'm wondering if anyone in the southern germany or adjacent border areas
has any experience with the digital camera on offer from the discounter
Aldi-Sued since 22.Okt, and FreeBSD.  It's a `Traveller' or something
like that.

Does it, or should I be able to expect it to, function as a USB storage
device connected directly to a USB port under FreeBSD?

Or do I have to use some other device to access the memory cards and any
images thereupon?

Forgive my ignorance.  I'm a beginner when it comes to USB devices and
the protocols, and digital cameras, and I thought perhaps someone has
picked one up and tried it, or may be able to give general guidelines
about compatibility of USB cameras and FreeBSD...

Any comments, whether on that camera itself or in general, are appreciated.

Thanks!
Barry Bouwsma