Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:55:23 -0500
From:      Brian Gruber <lists@bgruber.isa-geek.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gweather-applet eats up file descriptors

Hello,

It seems that every time gweather-applet2 updates it's weather data, it
consumes 4 file descriptors (according to lsof).  It never seems to give
them back until the process is killed.  This is a big problem for me as
I tend to stay logged in for days at a time, and eventually there are no
more file descriptors available to new processes, which wreaks all kinds
of havoc as you can imagine.  Last time I saw this problem, lsof
reported over 2700 open files belonging to gweather-applet2 (almost half
of all those on my system).  for the record, this is up-to-date ports on
5.1-RELEASE.

Thanks,
Brian