Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 08:23:17 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        "Randall D. DuCharme" <randyd@tcainternet.com>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.0-Release and P6DNF

Hi,

> MPTable, version 2.0.15

> --
> Bus:            Bus ID  Type
>                  0       PCI
>                  1       ISA
> --
> I/O APICs:      APIC ID Version State           Address
>                  2       0x11    usable          0xfec00000
> --
> I/O Ints:       Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC ID PIN#
>                 ExtINT   conforms    conforms        1     0          2    0
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1     1          2    1
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1     0          2    2
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1     3          2    3
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1     4          2    4
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1     5          2    5
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1     6          2    6
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1     7          2    7
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1     8          2    8
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1    10          2   10
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1    12          2   12
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1    13          2   13
>                 INT      conforms    conforms        1    15          2   20
>                 INT     active-lo       level        1    11          2   16
>                 INT     active-lo       level        1    11          2   17
>                 INT     active-lo       level        1    14          2   18
>                 INT     active-lo       level        1     9          2   19
                                                       ^    ^^

This BIOS is definitaly wrong.  It shows your PCI slots as being on the
ISA bus.  The INTs themselves show up in 'ISA' notation as oppossed to
'PCI' notation, but that is probably because mptable believes them to be
ISA (as will the kernel!).  Another user reports the same warning, but
no PANIC, I suspect that is an issue of what cards are in which PCI slot...

Play with different PCI slot positions, try to load a newer BIOS.
--
Steve Passe	| powered by