Date:      Fri, 02 Jul 1999 01:37:47 -0700
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@leonardo.net>
To:        Clem.Dye@wdr.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.61

> Are you saying that 4.61 is not available at all for FreeBSD, or just
> the 128-bit version (I've yet to check the site)? If Netscape has
> given-up on FreeBSD, what browser alternatives are there?

	Netscape has certainly given up on FreeBSD and all those other
UNICes - they say somebody else, not them, did the port...and I'd like
to know who!

	The 56-bit version is available.  That does at least download,
though I haven't tried it out yet.  It's the crypto-certification page
that is screwed up.  I sent in a bug report but these days you have to
pay to talk to a human.  Be danged if I'm going to shell out money to
tell a human that their Web page is whacked.

	But I figured the FreeBSD community might know who did that port,
and therefore where else it might be available.

Mike O'Brien