Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:02:08 -0600
From:      Gary Smithe <gary.smithe@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: Last try: HP Pavillion zv5445us shuts down during install of 5.3

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:39:27 -0500, bsdnooby <bsdnooby@optonline.net> wrote:
> HP Pavillion zv5445us shuts down during install of 5.3
>
> Right after the screen when you can choose to disable ACPI or to boot in
> SafeMode (both of which I tried), after making a selection - it
> shutsdown.  I'm trying to install 5.3 from both floppies and CD1.  I'm
> dualbooting Win XP Pro using PartitionMagic8/BootMagic8 - but I do not
> think that is related.  My other Toshiba laptop is using a similar
> configuration, and works fine.
>
> I saw in Google where at least 1 other person had this problem, but
> there was no resolution.  This is a new laptop, P4-3Ghz, 512MB, 100GB
> drive, LAN & Wifi, etc.
>
> Anyone have success with the newer HP pavillions?

I am nowhere near qualified to help you, but...

Have you tried 4.x ?  Obviously there were big changes from 4 to 5,
maybe you'd have better luck there?

Also, you may have better luck with posting this to questions, as that
is the usual help place, newbie or pro.

As far as your notebook, I have no idea.

Good Luck.

GS