Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:05:51 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?m=20p?= <sumirati@yahoo.de>
To:        singh@pdx.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd 4.2 to 4.3

> Hello All!

>         I want to upgrade my system from Release4.2 to 4.3. I want to have
> complete source code. I would appreciate if someone can guide me about
> this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> singh

Hi Singh,

please read the handbook first. The section about "20.2.2 Staying Stable with
FreeBSD" is what you want to read (and the next chapters) . It can be found at:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-stable.html

The preferred path for upgrading is using CVSup. It is found in the ports under
/usr/ports/net/cvsup

The procdure (and an example file which you HAVE to edit) can be found under:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

The branch you want to follow is: RELENG_4_3

Hope that helps

Marc