Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:13:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anyone getting offlist spam via omnilinux.com?

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Dan Langille wrote:

> I've been receiving spam to various address, all off list, which looks like
> this:

> Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:04:04 -0800
> To: webmaster@freebsddiary.org
> Subject: Merlin Server released by Abriasoft
> From: Abriasoft Promo <promos@abriasoft.com>
>

> Anyone else seen similar?

Yes, I received the exact same message twice. But I do not believe it is
spam. The email was sent for two of my sites that I am an editor of. (And
from your example, it was sent for your website.) In the emails I
received, AbriaSoft simply wants me to review their software for an
article at my site. (I guess they want you to review it also and publish
an article at your site.)

Yes, the emails may have been unsolicited, but they appear to be focused
to media sites that are basically related. As a journalist, I appreciate
receiving PR/media information (that is appropriately targeted).

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/