Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2015 09:27:47 +0000
From:      Mike Clarke <mike@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        Patrick Powell <papowell@astart.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg: new warning - ap24-mod_perl2 has no direct installation candidates, change it to ap24-mod_perl2

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:55:46 -0800
Patrick Powell <papowell@astart.com> wrote:

> {142} # pkg upgrade
> Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
> FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
> All repositories are up-to-date.
> Updating database digests format: 100%
> Checking for upgrades (43 candidates):  97%
> ap24-mod_perl2 has ", change it to
> ap24-mod_perl2 has no direct installation candidates, change it to
> ap24-mod_perl2? [Y/n]:

I get the same "no direct installation candidates" message for mod_php5
which is locked.

curlew:/root# pkg upgrade
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Updating database digests format: 100%
Checking for upgrades (4 candidates):  50%
mod_php5 has no direct installation candidates, change it to mod_php5?
[Y/n]: n
mod_php5 has no direct installation candidates, change it to mod_php55?
[Y/n]: n
mod_php5 has no direct installation candidates, change it to mod_php56?
[Y/n]: n

The messages only appear when it's locked.

I have re-installed mod_php5 but still get the messages.

I have a total of 4 locked packages (exim-sa-exim, kde, mod_php5 and
xsane) but have only ever seen the message for mod_php5.

--
Mike Clarke