Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 00:35:23 -0600
From:      rand@meridian-enviro.com
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, bryanh@meridian-enviro.com
Subject:   Re: 3ware problems

Doug> Here is a short perl script that along with MySQL 3.23.33 will
Doug> hang our 3ware controller:

Mike> [...] it's just passed 2.5M rows and still counting.

Mike> Please find attached diffs to bring the driver up to my current
Mike> working version.  There's a couple of small races closed in this
Mike> code which might have an effect on your problem (not sure about
Mike> that, though), so I'd love to know if they help you.

Doug> Just as soon as I watch the University of North Dakota win the
Doug> WCHA in overtime I'll rebuild the kernel with your patch and run
Doug> it again. :)

Well, I just inserted just over 2 million rows and it hung again:

twe0: status   57007320<CQEMPTY,UCREADY,RQEMPTY,>
twe0:           current  max
twe0: free      0099     0100
twe0: ready     0000     0000
twe0: busy      0001     0100
twe0: complete  0000     0012
twe0: bioq      0000     0023
twe0: AEN queue head 1  tail 0
twed: total bio count in 1950330  out 1950329

And St. Cloud State beat the University of North Dakota in overtime to
win the WCHA tournament. Sigh.

I think I'll turn off softupdates and also run MySQL in a stock
configuration, just to make sure it'll still break.