Date:      Thu, 09 Oct 2008 23:21:34 +0200
From:      Aniruddha <mailing_list@orange.nl>
To:        Bernt Hansson <bernt@bah.homeip.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't get soundcard to work

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 01:16 +0200, Bernt Hansson wrote:
> Aniruddha skrev:
> > I've read the "Setting Up the Sound Card" part in the FreeBSD handbook
> > unfortunately I can't get my Intel HDA card to work. Any ideas would be
> > appreciated! Here's some relevant output:
> >

> If you load the driver manually, can you play a tune then?
> For me snd_hda_load="YES" does not load the driver. I have to do it with
> kldload snd_hda.

Thanks a lot, this did the trick! :) Here's what I did:

1) I ran 'kldunload snd_hda'. It gave an error: 'device busy'
2) I stopped the Gnome mixer applet
3) I ran 'kldunload snd_hda'
4) Finally I entered 'kldload snd_hda', et voila sound was working.

Is there a way to automate this, or do I have to do this after each
boot?

--
Regards,

Aniruddha