Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 1995 01:18:52 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xfig and transfig

 * Let's reiterate:
 * 	Nothing in hylafax calls ghostview,
 * 		if the user invokes `abracadabra' he'll also get `not found',
 * 		but hw won't get `ghostview: command not found' from hylafax.

Oh, I didn't know this.  Yes sure, if nothing in there calls
ghostview, there is no need for EXEC_DEPENDS, go ahead and remove it.

And this doesn't even have to go into EXEC_RECOMMENDED or whatever,
just put in a post-install rule that tells the user that they might
want it.  You can do the same thing for the package in pkg/INSTALL.

 * I'd prefer you do that as ports-infrastructure-maestro, especially as
 * you have an updated uncommited version on thud, & I don't want to
 * collide with your work in progress.

That's just been committed, so no need to worry. :)

 * (In fact you may prefer to implement a shorter name than EXEC_RECCOMENDED ? )

Yeah, I guess.  We'll need to discuss this paradigm a little more, as
like how the user is supposed to turn this on and off....

Satoshi