Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:39:52 +0100
From:      Daniel Hartmeier <daniel@benzedrine.cx>
To:        Patrik Astrom <astrom@hera.corecomp.se>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MS PPTP hangs my firewall.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 11:17:25AM +0100, Patrik Astrom wrote:

> I have multiple FreeBSD 5.3-R Firewalls with PF and they all seems to have
> the same problem, when I have clients (Windows XP) behind my firewalls
> that tries to connect out and establish a PPTP VPN to a different
> network my firewalls just hangs. The only thing I can do at this time is
> to pull the plug and reboot the firewall, I googled a bit but could not
> find anything that seems related to my problem.
>
> I would be most grateful for any input you may have.

Assuming you're doing NAT for those connections, I think this is fixed
in RELENG_5 by

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/contrib/pf/net/pf.c.diff?r1=1.18.2.5&r2=1.18.2.6&f=h

Either apply that patch manually to your 5.3 sources, or update the
entire tree to RELENG_5 (which is close to 5.4R now).

Daniel