Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 17:40:41 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Tom Kyle <tom@eos.umsl.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scratchy SB PCI 128

Whoops - should have checked this before posting, but I'm still perplexed:

Apparently this happens when the load avg goes above 1.0.  I dropped out of X,
killed most everything off (including SETI), and was able to play some files
just fine.  After some checking, it seems to be dependent on the load avg.  Ie,
when the average goes about 1.00, the audio becomes distorted.  Funky.

Still, what is causing this?  I've never experienced this with Linux or OpenBSD,
but then again I'd previously stuck to SB64 and SB16PnP's.

Tom