Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 2015 00:23:51 +1000
From:      Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>
To:        Tijl Coosemans <tijl@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>, Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>,  "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>,  "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Interesting open laptop project

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Tijl Coosemans <tijl@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 15:12:25 +0800 Erich Dollansky <
> erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:32:19 -0400
> > Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net> wrote:
> >> I ran across this project last week:
> >>
> >> https://www.crowdsupply.com/purism/librem-15
> >>

> >> While a bit pricey, it seems like the best shot at having a laptop
> >> that actually really works.  My only concern lies with the graphics,
> >> as I'm not sure what's going to be supported by the i915 driver
> >> updates.  Are we likely to get Iris 6100 (Broadwell, if I'm not
> >> mistaken) support in the near future?
> >
> > the price seems ok. It is the size which bothers me. And that it does
> > not have the stick. I hate touchpads and never use them.
>
> There's also a 13" version:
> https://www.crowdsupply.com/purism/librem-13

seems lik e a decent unit, n bot a bad price, however every intel chipset
as of late ive tried to get FreeBSD to run X
on has failed miserably, like my Lenovo W540, and an MSI board with built
in graphics. So id be inclined to buy one
if they would actually run FreeBSD, linux and windows... ( i know, sorry
guys) hate to say have always worked fine on them.