Date:      Sat, 29 May 2021 09:41:11 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Lena@lena.kiev.ua
Subject:   Re: Updating /usr/ports

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 8:01 AM <Lena@lena.kiev.ua> wrote:

> > If you are trying to replace portsnap, I think the answer is net/gitup.
> > This only requires a single command,  "gitup ports", and you get your
> > updated along with updating all ports.
>
> No, `gitup ports` doesn't update index. It deletes INDEX-12 .

Does "pkg version" use some other way of doing things than INDEX?  I
checked a system that I recently upgraded to 13.0 and it lacks INDEX-13 (or
any INDEX-), but "pkg version -vL=" works fine. It is slower, though. It
was almost instantaneous and now takes about 45 seconds. Not sure whether
this is dependent on the number of installed ports. That system has only
about 325 ports installed. My development system has around a thousand, but
I use git  and fetchindex there, so I can't easily compare.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com