Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:12:54 -0500
From:      "C. Stephen Gunn" <csg@wintek.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, ajk@wspout.com, ab@wspout.com
Subject:   Re: netatalk still broken in 2.2-STABLE

In message <34453838.794BDF32@whistle.com>, Julian Elischer writes:

>> I tried pulling older versions of:
>>
>>     sys/netatalk/at_control.c         1.14
>>     sys/netatalk/ddp_output.c         1.4
>>
>> Both of these versions are before some changes that julian@freebsd.org
>> made to fix a problem with routing packets to hosts that were on
>> a different net, but the same netrange as a given interface.
>>
>> In particular (this could be conjecture), the problem could be with
>> the aa_claim_addr() routine in at_control.c.
>
>did this fix it?
>it shouldn't.
>I run those patches here.
>what problems do you have?

I will be verbose here to try and avoid convusion. STABLE means the
version that is current in the 2.2-STABLE source tree, the OLD VERSION
means the 1.14/1.4 version that I hacked together.

When I run the OLD VERSION, everthing works fine. (The rest of the
system is 2.2-STABLE supped yesterday).

When I run the STABLE version, I crap out trying to do nbprgstr's
in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/netatalk.sh. When I snoop the network, I can
see the packets hit the wire, but nothing gets registered.

Wild guess, but is it possible you made these changes in reference to
3.0-CURRENT, and something doesnt work in 2.2-STABLE yet?

Again, I have no clue what the code is supposed to do. I haven't
taken the time to look into it that much. Is it possible that it is
not setting the interface address correctly? I don't know how nbp
works, but apparently someone has to acknowledge when we register
a name out on the network, do we not see that ack, because of
something not being set right?

 - Steve

--
C. Stephen Gunn                 Wintek Corporation
E-mail: csg@wintek.com          427 N 6th Street