Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2007 06:28:21 +0700
From:      budsz <budiyt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   make fetchindex failure

Hallo,

I've problem with command `make fetchindex' in /usr/ports:

root:~# cd /usr/ports/
root:/usr/ports# make fetchindex
fetch: http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/INDEX.bz2: Not Found
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.

This's one of my old version FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE. My questions is:

Where's I should find that INDEX.bz2?, is that possible I'am still
running FreeBSD 4.X with  ports collection uptodate too (Of couse with
FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE ports/not other newer FreeBSD version).

I've already to fetch ports collection manually:
root:/usr# mv ports ports.old
root:/usr# fetch ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports/ports.tar.gz
root:/usr# tar zxvf ports.tar.gz
root:/usr# cd ports
root:/usr/ports# make index
Generating INDEX - please wait..===> arabic/ae_fonts_mono failed
*** Error code 1
===> accessibility/at-poke failed
*** Error code 1
2 errors

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.

So, how to fix this problem?, any suggestion?

Thanks you.

--
budsz