Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 10:25:10 +0200
From:      "Daniel Haischt" <daniel.haischt@web.de>
To:        "Mike Alich" <hostmaster@cctinc.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: apache-jserv port

hi,

> I have installed all necessary ports (ex. jdk, jdsk, libtool, apache
> etc..) did a 'make install' successfully installed the port.  My only
> problems is, how do I implement this into my apache web server?  Usually
> when a port is installed it is ready to go with minor configuration.  I
> need to know how to I either add this as a DSO or a static link into
> apache.  I am running apache-fp 1.3.9.  I have added statically compiled
> modules into apache before.  I tried the add_module line (not sure if
> that is the correct format) but any ways I added the correct line into
> the Configuration.tmpl in the apache source distribution and did the
> usual make install.  I get many errors on the mod_jserv.c I added.  My
> guess is I am missing libraries.

all you need should be a file called mod_jserv.so ...

i added these module to apache via the following line to httpd.conf ...

LoadModule jserv_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_jserv.so

finally you need ...

<IfModule mod_jserv.c>
# The following line is for apacheconfig - DO NOT REMOVE!
ApJServLogFile /var/log/apache/jserv.log
Include /etc/jserv/jserv.conf
</IfModule>

in your httpd.conf file

btw - I did this on my debian box but i hope i'm able to install
apache + jserv on my freebsd box today, so i might give you
a step by step instruction.

> I am not sure what or where to put the
> jserv libraries or headers.  Can some that has used this ports please
> help me?

regards

daniel haischt