Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 06:37:05 +0000
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        E Lakin <pharaoh@u.washington.edu>, Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading 2.2.1->2.2.2 problem

>Unfortunately, there's no panic output. Here's what it says when
>booting from a floppy disk:
>
>...various HW probes...
>changing root device to fd0c
>panic: double fault

I had this precise problem. You got this 'double fault' and then your
system just hangs right? This is how I got around it.

Download the 3.0_SNAP install disk and use it. Someone on this list told me
there seems to be a problem with the 2.2.2 install floppies. I installed
3.0SNAP myself but you can change the installation in the setup stage by
entering 2.2.2_RELEASE in the appropriate block.

I hope your problem matches my answer. Other that that, listen to Doug
White. I don't even know what panic is yet. I just know that it is akin to
the blue screen of death.  :)

Thanks,
Jason Wells