Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 1998 10:41:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        chrismar@mail.eclipse.net (Chris Martino)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation Problems

In a previous message, Chris Martino said:
> Okay let me clarify a few things so I know what do do differently later
> tonight.
>
> Oh, we did defragment last night before re ran anything, and we till
> ended up with 354 meg D partition.

That's interesting. I only used fips once. Maybe it split the available
space in half. I'd have to look at the manual for it.

> Ok, so once we make the D drive delete it using the FDISK on the DOS side
> or the one you use once you begin the installation?  And the 1st thing we

You can delete the extended partition/logical partition from either DOS
or FreeBSD's fdisk, doesn't matter. Just be sure to leave the primary
DOS partition.

> do with that drive it delete it, so it can be used for FreeBSD...  Okay
> that make sense now.

> The rest I can follow I think.  I just am wondering which fdisk you are
> talking about.

Either one will remove the partition. But obviously, you need FreeBSD's
to make it's partition.

--
Skydivers : people who  can't fall down often enough