Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:08:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        committers@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mentioning RFC numbers in /etc/services

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Warner Losh wrote:

> I say that I don't care if it allows this.  In fact, I want to be able
> to do things like that...

Copying the telnet line and changing the first word to 'http' does wonders
for being to access machines from inside a school district's firewall.

Choosing ports by number would be nice, however the same objections Matt
had with changing our API ring some buzzers in my head too, however the
evil side of me says "screw whoever is porting inetd, we like functionality.

The evil side normally wins.

--
- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -