Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:31:00 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <underway@comcast.net>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Use of w3.org servers.

--vN1VrOpIkjMGbM/7

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:01:38AM -0700, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> early-adopter.html (at least) on www.freebsd.org has
>=20
> I seem to recall reading that W3 prefers that people serve their own
> copies of that stuff instead of sponging off the W3 servers a lot.

In this case, that's not relevant, for a number of reasons.

Firstly, the namespace declaration is inserted by W3's tidy application.

Secondly, URIs in XML namespaces aren't required to point at anything, so
nothing should be accessing the URI above as a result of this entry.

Having said that, changing this to our own namespace wouldn't harm anything,
but if it really is inserted by tidy, as I believe is the case, then I don't
know an easy way to change it (which is not to say that there isn't one).

Ceri
--=20
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.
                                           -- www.chatterboxchallenge.com

--vN1VrOpIkjMGbM/7

--vN1VrOpIkjMGbM/7--