Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:47:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      m <kamidesu@hotpop.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebs-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trivial question on FreeBSD (3.3)

  Hello. I bring to you some trivial questions.

  The literature on FreeBSD says that I should reference a device by its
 /dev entry, that for the whole disk I'd use the -c-. Why does my floppy
 drive works OK with just  mount dev/fd0?

 Do I need a ifconfig_tun0 in  rc.conf  for my modem connection?

 Any to any via lo0 -  means anything passing thru lo0, the computer. Not
 thru the modem, which is Tun0 (PPP) So I don't have to worry about the
 security of this clause in IPFW. Right?

 I can't ping 10.0.0.2, number that I put in the hosts file for my
 machine.

 127.0.0.1 localhost
 10.0.0.2 my.domain

  Why? Could a DNS entry fix this?