Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:41:19 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
Cc:        Mike Thompson <miket@dnai.com>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Gary Gaskell <gaskell@isrc.qut.edu.au>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kerberos vs SSH

On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 02:15:25PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:41:01 PST, Mike Thompson wrote:
> > I am currently looking into what the licensing costs would be
> > for us to license SSH v2 for our servers.  Does BEST.COM pay
> > to license SSH v1 or SSH v2 for internal use?
>
> There are no licensing costs involved in using ssh1.

This is false, for most reasonable definitions of 'use'.

In particular, the use to which Mike Thompson (the original poster)
said he would put the software is explicitly covered in the license
for ssh (COPYING in the main ssh source directory) as needing
commercial licensing from Data Fellows.

Eivind.