Date:      Mon, 07 May 2001 13:50:22 -0700
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Subject:   Re: request for comments / proc-alpha.sgml in -current

--==_Exmh_-1227579965P

If memory serves me right, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> I appreciate comments that you might have, on bugs/typos/whatever, but also
> on the actual sgml. I'm not an experienced sgml user by any measure so
> I guess there is room for improvement.

Hi Wilko--

First I want to say thanks for dealing with a very large SGML
conversion!  In addition to picking up from the (very early) point where
I left off, you also fixed a number of problems with my mark-up.

I'm not that much farther along the SGML road than you are, so I'll
leave most of these issues to those who are more qualified than both of
us.

One thing I noticed before (still not sure how to deal with this) is
that there's a lot of places where command lines (with prompts) are
dealt with either in-line or as separate <screen></screen> elements, but
not consistently.  As an example, compare the command-line in the
"Birds" section versus the command-lines for the Mustang/Avanti.  I'm
not sure what way makes most sense to fix this, BTW.

These are pretty minor things, I think, and I'm sure the rest of the
release documentation has similar things that *I* did strangely.  They
can be fixed up over time.

Thanks again.....nice work.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1227579965P