Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:31:52 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: -current NO_OPENSSH NO_OPENSSL buildworld fails in  src/usr.sbin/ppp/chap_ms.c

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Doug Barton wrote:
>
> > Howdy,
> >
> >       I'm not ready to play with the openssl/ssh stuff yet, but I wanted to
> > test Soren's latest ATA stuff so I cvsup'ed and started a buildworld
> > with the following make.conf options:
>
> I'm testing the fix now..thanks.

	Ok, cool. I got the build going again by taking all the ppp stuff out
of usr.sbin's Makefile and the buildworld completed successfully. I
don't need ppp so it's no skin off my teeth.

	Perhaps you could shed some light on this. In ppp's Makefile I see
this:

.if exists(${.CURDIR}/../../secure) && !defined(NOCRYPT) &&
!defined(NOSECURE) && !defined(RELEASE_CRUNCH)

This test adds a whole bunch of DES stuff to the build. It tests true
for me because I have a 'secure' directory in my src tree even though my
cvsup file only downloads the 'src-all' CVS repo. In that
/usr/src/secure directory there is a bunch of DES code in the lib
directory. So, I'm a bit confused....

	In any case, since you have it in hand I'll wait for your wisdom. Let
me know if you want me to test any patches...

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"