Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 07:38:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jeffrey S. Sharp" <jss@subatomix.com>
To:        Nick Evans <nevans@nextvenue.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-small@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Install on CDROM

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Nick Evans wrote:

> Does anyone know of any resources about installing FreeBSD on a CDROM for an
> appliance like application of the OS.

I don't think that PicoBSD would support that.  My own version of a small
FreeBSD kit, the TinyBSD kit, is being worked on and will eventually
support making CD-ROMs and CD-ROM images.  However, that's not one of my
top priorities, so no guarantees exist on when CD-ROMs will be valid
target_types. </shameless plug>

Right now, you're best bet is rolling your own.  Don't dismiss the idea,
though; it's not really that hard to do at all.  I learned most of what I
needed to know about it from reading PicoBSD's various build scripts, and,
of course, keeping "The Complete FreeBSD" close by (thanks, Greg!).

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jeffrey S. Sharp   (XorAxAx)
jss@subatomix.com