Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 14:51:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Mike Del <repenting@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I really need some help setting up xfree86 on my toshiba315CDS     notebook computer

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Mike Del wrote:

>Hello to all,
> I really need some help getting xfree86 to work, with my Toshiba 315CDS
>notebook computer, it has a C&T65555 video card (supported by Xfree86).
>The problems I am having are that the upper half of the screen is
>mirrored on the lower half of the screen. Also the screen is a faded
>white. But when i ran XF86Setup, and it started X to do the setup, X
>looked fine. Could anyone that has/knows about this please send me setup
>info, xf86config file(s), etc.

It sounds like your mode timings are wrong. DO NOT run you display with
incorrect mode timings. You can damage your display and/or you adapter. (I
am not sure if this applies to laptop displays so I err on the side of
caution.)

Setting up mode timings can be tricky and takes more time to explain that
I have here. There is a good resource for this in "The Complete FreeBSD"
by Greg Lehey and there is also _ONE_ good resource on the net for it.

http://tsikora.tiac.net/video-modes.html

Thank you,       | Try some of this. It will show you where you're at.
Jason Wells	 | http://www.freebsd.org/