Date:      Mon, 08 Jun 1998 08:15:19 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Has anyone got a disktab entry for a Compaq 2.6GB SCSI drive?

Hi,
Because I can't get sysinstall to set up my second SCSI drive, I'm going to
attempt to make a disktab entry for it, and do a disklabel+newfs by hand.

I'm running a 2.2-SNAP, the last one issued. But sysinstall insists on trying
to make a root partition, and insists on trying to install software. As a
result, it wont write the partition information. So its a do it by hand job.

I need a bit of help though.
The actual  disklabel shows (I got it that far)
# /dev/rsd1c:
type: SCSI
disk: sd1s1
label:
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 16
tracks/cylinder: 51
sectors/cylinder: 816
cylinders: 5036
sectors/unit: 4110000
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0		# milliseconds
track-to-track seek: 0	# milliseconds
drivedata: 0

8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c:  4110000        0    unused        0     0       	# (Cyl.    0 - 5036*)

I want to split it into 2 partitions, e and f. Half the disk each.

If someone has a disktab entry already for a Compaq SCSI, this size, I'd really
like to hear from you. Or anyone with some experience in this area.

cheers
Robert

--
  Support Whirled Peas.       Business in China?    China House
  robert@chalmers.com.au      ph:61 7 49440357 fx:61 7 49578425