Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:50:38 -0500
From:      Robert Hall <rjhalljr@starpower.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NAT gateway

I'm setting up a FreeBSD 4.4 box again after a system crash. It's intended
to be a gateway. I can communicate with the other hosts on my network, but
I can't communicate outside the network. netstat -r shows that I have the
default route; ppp is connecting to my ISP and getting the dynamically
assigned address. But I can't ping or traceroute outside my LAN. (They work
fine internally.) I'm using NAT and I have the kernel recompiled with
IPFIREWALL and IPDIVERT. In rc.conf, natd and the firewall are enabled.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Bob Hall