Date:      10 Mar 00 09:27:59 EET
From:      Fawaz Talal <bsdi@usa.net>
To:        "Mona" <harmony@MailAndNews.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Modems, was Re: []

"Mona" <harmony@MailAndNews.com> wrote:
>hi;
>I like to use freebsd but I am worried about my modem I am not sure if I=
 >can
use it on freebsd without trouble, I got a gateway computer and the >mode=
that's in it is the standard modem that comes with the gateway I >have ch=
ecked
the info of the modem by checking it under "control panel" >and then "sys=
tem"
it says the following information
>LT v.90 DATA + FAX + VOICE + Dsvd Modem version 5.37
>voice modem
>manufacturer : LT
>hardware version: 001
>and the info in the resource report it says the following:
>Class: Modem
>Device: 56K Voice Modem
>Resources:
>      IRQ:     09
>      I/O:      1470h-1477h
>      I/O:      1000h-10FFh
>      MEM:  F4000000h-F40000FFh
>I don't know how to get you anymore info especially that the shop don't =
>give
me any if you know away on how to check and get you more info from >my PC=
 pls
tell me and I will email it to you, and please tell me if this >modem is
supported for freebsd.

>thank you very much

Well, as long it is not 'WinModem', it will work just fine..
Let me know about what is going on with you.

cheers,

Fawaz

Sincerely,
Fawaz Talal