Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:01:48 -0600
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
To:        Marko Zec <zec@tel.fer.hr>
Cc:        "jlemon@freebsd.org" <jlemon@freebsd.org>, Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_fxp.c typo?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:24:44AM +0100, Marko Zec wrote:
> Hope this patch properly resolves the problem of unwanted resets of mcast
> filters. However, when unloading the microcode, it is unavoidable to  clear
> the mcast filters, without making the code really complicated. This should
> be probably stated in man-page as a kind of disclaimer...
> Also, by this diff I suggest imposing a little bit more sane range limits
> for int_delay and bundle_max.

The multicast filter problem has already been resolved in r1.126 of
the driver, by reloading the multicast filters on initialization.

The value for bundle_max is explicitly allowed to go to 0xffff, from
the Intel rcvbundl.h documentations:

    *    .... If you do not want to put
    *    a limit on the bundle size, set this value to xFFFF.

The value for int_range is also correct, again from the Intel code:

    *    .... The current default is either x600 or x800;
    *    experiments show that the value probably should stay within the
    *    range of x200 - x1000.

There is an internal multiplier of 1.5 for the values, so a range of
300 - 3000 translates into 0x1C2 - 0x1194, with a default value of 0x5DC,
which is "close enough".
--
Jonathan