Date:      Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:33:30 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To:        "G. Yager" <deborahyager@charter.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.2 Installation Problems

Hi,

G. Yager wrote:
> Hello:
>

>                 I'm trying to install release 6.2 (i386 ) of FreeBSD from
> ISO disks I've downloaded from the main site.  After installing the main
> operating system, I have a problem when trying to install PACKAGES.  When I
> select ALL PACKAGES, verify that all of the individual packages have a check

are you serious?

You want to install all packages?

This are some 16 000 packages?

Just install the base system (FreeBSD).

Then create a .cvs file to update the port tree, run csup and then
either install packages with pkg_add -r or install from source with make
install.

> the whole project, because apparently I can't get all of the components
> installed to make X or KDE work correctly.  Please help!

I think there is a huge difference between all of the components and the
things needed to run KDE.

Erich