Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:11:51 -0700 (MST)
From:      Antonio Varela Lizardi <antonio@icon.net.mx>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with WaveLAN Card

Apollogies in advance for the crossposting, but my deadline related to this
matter it's very close.

  I have a Lucent WaveLAN Silver 11Mbps PCMCIA Card, a Texas Instrument
(chipset recognized as 1225) PCMCIA-PCI Cardbus bridge (sold by lucent), a
regular Desktop PC and FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE. I just cannot get the card to
work. It's recognized sucessfully by pccardd, but I'm having an error: "tx
buffer allocation failed" with any network operation over the card. Diggin
out more, I've found that wi_seek( ) it's failing with a WI_TIMEOUT, when
wi_alloc_nicmem( ) calls to alloc the tx buffer, when wi_init ( ) tries to
initialize the card. The allocation of the management buffer suceeeds, and
that sounds strange. The wi driver talks straight to the Hermes Controller,
not using the card's firmware. I wonder if in this new product, the hardware
has changed. In the wi manpage it's written about supporting 6Mbps cards,
but never mentions 11Mbps cards. In the PAO FAQ found something about
configuring the card with the MSDOS utility, but I just can't find it,
neither CDROM/Website. Folks, you're my only hope, otherwise I'll have to
install Linux. Any hint or bad news (the 11mbps card is supported?) will be
welcome. Please help.

I'm not subscribed to this lists, only to questions@freebsd.org. Please
respond to my email too.

Best regards,