Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 02:16:41 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/share/mk bsd.port.mk

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 11:21:23AM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > I thought you said ${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.port.mk could included bsd.own.mk
> > directly.

You did not answer my question.
Also by putting more things in share/mk/bsd.port.mk the path is opened to
migrate more and more things back to share/mk/bsd.port.mk.

One of the biggest problems with share/mk/bsd.port.mk was that many users
did not want to CVSup src/ or build world.  The just wanted to cvsup
ports.  You have added a single line to share/mk/bsd.port.mk; so I guess
that won't cause too much problems.  But I hope the urge to add stuff to
share/mk/bsd.port.mk can be strongly contained in the future.

Too bad there is not a /usr/ports/UPDATING to let people know they need
to install a new share/mk/bsd.port.mk.