Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:39:17 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Availability of DRI on Radeon Mobility M7

yep. it works fine.

1) install /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod
2) cp /usr/local/etc/rc.d/drm.sh.sample /usr/local/etc/rc.d/drm.sh
3) load the AGP kld if it's not already loaded: kldload agp.ko
	if you want, add agp_load="YES" to your /boot/loader.conf
4) /usr/local/etc/rc.d/drm.sh start
5) put
	Load "dri"
		in the "Module" section of your /etc/X11/XF86Config
6) start up X
7) run glxinfo|grep "direct rendering", and make sure that that shows
	that dri is running.
8) install anything that uses gl, and enjoy.

or, just read http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/install.html and
follow the directions there ::)

-Adam

--