Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:35:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        Robert Small <robert@superjake.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail Problem/Question

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Robert Small wrote:
> and I'm having a problem with sendmail.  When I reboot it, the sendmail
> daemon starts, but it
> won't receive any mail till I kill it, and restart it with the
> "sendmail -bd -q30m" command

	Reboot your box and try "telnet localhost 25".  Make sure that the
daemon is actually accepting connections, maybe even try to hand-compose
an email.  If you have X running, leave a "tail -f /var/log/maillog"
running in another xterm.  (If you don't use X, use a different virtual
terminal or the screen package or something.)  Lastly, try a "grep -R
sendmail /etc/* | more" just to see if you have references to sendmail
settings in other configuration files.

							Jaime