Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 15:00:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: One more: emulators/xzx

On 31-Mar-98 Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> Receiving xzx-2.4.4-contrib.tar.gz (19191 bytes): 100%
>> 19191 bytes transfered in 15.9 seconds  (1.18 Kbytes/s)
>> ===>  Extracting for xzx-2.4.4
>> ===>  Patching for xzx-2.4.4
>> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for xzx-2.4.4
>> 1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to Imakefile.rej
>> *** Error code 1
>
> Please stop sending these test results - your tree is fucked.

a.  I did as sooon as I read your message
b.  If I used this language, you will threaten me with banning from the
    lists.
c.  If it is, then either cvsup or CVS are broken.  This is the exclusive
    source for ANY source change.
d.  I really do not care about these packages.  I though I was doing a good
    service trying them on a typical FreeBSD machine.

> Works fine for this phase though you did inadvertantly discover
> another bug since it falls over later in looking for "endian.h",
> something which I'll raise with the maintainer (NOT ports!).
>
> In any case, in the interests of noise abatement, I'd like to
> respectfully request that you stop doing this. :-)

I already did.  BTW, I got exactly ONE useful suggestion. The rest of you
guys tell me ``it works here''.  Who cares!  I have been doing software
releases for a while now, and this answer is the first to be thrown out.
Again,  My procedure:

a.  CVSup the entire release
b.  rm -rf /usr/ports
c.  cd /usr
d.  cvs checkout ports
e.  cd /usr/ports
f.  make >& make.out
g.  Daily:  cd /usr/ports;cvs update -P -d >& update.out
h.  Repeat step f.

I HAVE STOPPED SENDING THESE REPORTS.

Now, if you see a flaw in my procedure, please let me know.
If not, then the ports are broken.  I accept that these reports may sound
like noise to you.  This is why I have stopped sending them.

Thank you very much for all your help and patience in this matter.