Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:42:59
From:      jdj-uk@usa.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help! - Can't access fdisk / problems with installing - uninstalling?

Hello -

I would be grateful for some help.

I have tried and failed to install FreeBSD, but I am now having the following problems:

(1)  When I boot-up the PC it gives the following message

F1 ???
F2 ???
F3 BSD

It then trys to boot into BSD.

HOW DO I REMOVE THIS MESSAGE?

(2)  I can not access fdisk (dos).  When I run fdisk it loads, but when I try to view disk details or delete, create a Pri Partition it stops!  I am unable to remove the ext. partition.

What I would like to do is remove all disk partitions and re-format the whole hard drive so I have a fresh start (dos format).

Any advice would be gratefully received.

email jdj-uk@usa.net

J D Jones - UK