Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 2014 15:37:22 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        Ivan Rokotov <ivan.rokotov.bsd@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: What will happen with unstaged ports with pending PRs on June 30th?

Hi!

> Only 9 days left until the proposed deadline to add staging support
> to all ports. My question is: what will happen that day with unstaged
> ports that have submitted staging patches?

>From what I understand: Not much for additional 2 month.

The plan was to remove the unstaged, deprecated ports beginning of August.

There might even be a rule that says that non-staged ports
with PRs fixing them will be kept longer.

> It seems that there are at least 140 such ports:
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?list_id=6879&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&short_desc=stag&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr

Thanks for the link.

> There are very important ports on that list. Many of those staging
> patches are submitted a long ago so I guess that not all of them
> will be committed until June 30th.

Well, there are two more month left to work on them and commit them.

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !