Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:53:27 -0700
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matthias Schuendehuette <msch@snafu.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Actual probs with 'ipfw'

* De: Matthias Schuendehuette <msch@snafu.de> [ Data: 2002-10-26 ]
	[ Subjecte: Re: Actual probs with 'ipfw' ]
> On Saturday 26 October 2002 22:17, you wrote:
> > You did not reboot to single user mode to installworld.
> > No need to run ipfw with the new kernel before installworld.
> > -current readers are expected to know that.
>
> Right!
>
> What I meant was:
> "For this reason, you probably want to delay an installworld until you
> are comfortable that your newer kernel builds are satisfactory."
> from: Message-ID:  <20021025192535.EF82F2A88D@canning.wemm.org>
>
> But my new kernel build *is* satisfactory now :-)

I think he was referring to a kernel built with dateof(his-patches)-1
sources, rather than much older ones.  There are more obvious version/ABI
skew issues once one updates from so long ago.

juli.
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>       | FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
Will break world for fulltime employment. | finger jmallett@FreeBSD.org