Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2013 03:42:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   libpkg, sqlite and database problems prevent building any packages

I have smaller FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE and 9.2-BETA2 installations that I update less frequently than the main hard-drive installation.

On the USB-stick installations, I find I can't upgrade or build any ports because of a database mess.  I get error messages mentioning sqlite even for packages that don't depend on sqlite3.

I tried to build or upgrade devel/subversion, ports-mgmt/pkg, databases/sqlite3 and ports-mgmt/portmaster, and get error messages every time like

===>>> Starting check for runtime dependencies
===>>> Gathering dependency list for ports-mgmt/pkg from ports
pkg-static: warning: database version 19 is newer than libpkg(3) version 12, but still compatible
pkg-static: sqlite: no such column: infos (pkgdb.c:1086)
===>>> No dependencies for ports-mgmt/pkg

pkg-static: warning: database version 19 is newer than libpkg(3) version 12, but still compatible
pkg-static: sqlite: no such column: infos (pkgdb.c:1086)
pkg-static: warning: database version 19 is newer than libpkg(3) version 12, but still compatible
pkg-static: sqlite: no such column: infos (pkgdb.c:1086)
===>  Installing for pkg-1.1.4_1
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if ports-mgmt/pkg already installed
pkg-static: warning: database version 19 is newer than libpkg(3) version 12, but still compatible
pkg-static: sqlite: no such column: infos (pkgdb.c:1086)
*** [check-already-installed] Error code 74

Stop in /BETA1/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg.
*** [/BETA1/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg/worki386/.install_done.pkg._usr_local] Error code 1

Stop in /BETA1/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg.

===>>> Installation of pkg-1.1.4_1 (ports-mgmt/pkg) failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for ports-mgmt/pkg failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for converters/libiconv failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for devel/gettext failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for devel/gmake failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for devel/icu failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Killing background jobs
Terminated

===>>> You can restart from the point of failure with this command line:
       portmaster <flags> databases/sqlite3 devel/icu devel/gmake devel/gettext converters/libiconv ports-mgmt/pkg

===>>> Exiting

I also get messages even when running pkg, this is the new pkgng.

You might want to see my /etc/make.conf .

Main hard drive installation:

PORTSDIR=/BETA1/usr/ports
PACKAGES=/usr/packages
WRKDIR=${.CURDIR}/work9amd64
# WITH_NEW_XORG=yes
# WITH_KMS=yes
WITH_PKGNG=yes
OPTIONS_SET=DOCS NLS
mpop_SET=GNUTLS NLS
# added by use.perl 2013-06-16 03:51:03
PERL_VERSION=5.16.3

for USB-stick installation with 9.2-BETA2 amd64:

PORTSDIR=/BETA1/usr/ports
PACKAGES=/usr/packages
WRKDIR=${.CURDIR}/workusb64
WITH_PKGNG=yes
OPTIONS_SET.mpop=GNUTLS NLS
# added by use.perl 2012-09-23 09:49:32
PERL_VERSION=5.14.2

for USB-stick installation with 9.1-STABLE i386:

PORTSDIR=/BETA1/usr/ports
PACKAGES=/usr/packages
WRKDIR=${.CURDIR}/worki386
# WITH_NEW_XORG=yes
# WITH_KMS=yes
WITH_PKGNG=yes
OPTIONS_SET=DOCS NLS
# WITHOUT_MODULES= usb/ulpt # This does not work
SRC_BASE=/STABLE1/usr/src
# added by use.perl 2013-06-17 12:56:10
PERL_VERSION=5.16.3

I know there was a major change in database format when subversion was updated in ports from 1.7 to 1.8, but would this cause the problems that are driving me crazy?  There ought to be a way to resolve this, but I can't see what to do, everything I try leads to the same error messages.

Tom