Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:08:48 -0700
From:      slunky <slunky@globalzero.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading to 6.3-RC1 using freebsd-upgrade.sh Problem

Hello.

After hearing FreeBSD 6.3-RC1 was released, I wanted to upgrade to that from my
6.3-BETA2 installation. This worked fine when I went from 6.2-RELEASE to
6.3-BETA2, but after trying to follow the directions at
http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2007-11-10-freebsd-minor-version-upgrade.html
I get an error. This is what happens:

evo# sh freebsd-update.sh -f freebsd-update.conf -r 6.3-RC1 upgrade
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 1 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 6.3-PRERELEASE from update1.FreeBSD.org... failed.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.
evo#

I would really like to upgrade as I've been having problems with Interrupt
Storms on IRQ 11 since I upgraded to 6.3-BETA2. If someone could tell me what
I'm doing wrong, or how I can use freebsd-update.sh to get FreeBSD 6.3-RC1 I
would appreciate it very much. Here is my uname -a if that helps.

FreeBSD evo.zero 6.3-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE #0: Sat Nov 10 15:54:10 MST 2007     slunk@evo.zero:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/EVO2  i386

Thanks in advance.

--
 -Tony Chidester <slunky@globalzero.org>