Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 01:21:46 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Makefile bug with the Conspectus

Can I get a second opinion on something?

The Conspectus (www/en/conspectus) seems to have shown up a bug in the
doc/ make(1) infrastructure.

Specifically, if you do something like

    cd www/en
    make DESTDIR=/tmp/web install

then everything gets installed under /tmp/web (and subdirectories thereof)
as expected.  Everything, that is, except for the Conspectus.  The various
subdirectories for that get flattened out in to the top level.

Which is odd.

Is anyone else seeing it?  I've tested this in a cleanly checked out copy
of the tree, but it's possible there's something hosed in my setup.

If it is a problem it should be easy to fix with some tweaking to web.mk.
But there's a reasonable amount of cruft in there, and want to avoid
fiddling with it if I can avoid it.

Cheers,