Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 95 10:43:30 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        hasty@star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Threads & Coffee ?

> The folks at Sun are using threads with HotJava ...
>
> So what is the status of threads for FreeBSD-2.X
> which versions are available and where ?

Are they using:

o	kernel threads only
o	user threads only
o	multiple user threads bound to multiple kernel threads
o	pthreads
o	LWP (using async I/O to implement user space threads, in
	a SunOS 4.1.x backward copmatability mode)
o	sigsched type threads

The answer about status depends on your answer about what you want
status on...

The answers are:

o	unsupported
o	limited support
o	unsupported
o	supported, but not rev'ed for 2.x yet
o	limited support
o	supported

For those items with limited support, the question to answer is "what
interfaces does Java consume?".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---