Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 07:15:28 -0500
From:      "Will Senn" <wsenn@postfuture.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HP660c and FBSDi 4.0

Hi again all,

Obviously I am not very adept at setting up FBSDi.  Everything works fine for me in linux:)  What I need to know is how to get my
HP660c working in FBSDi with a minimum of fuss.  In linux I would:
download apsfilter
unpack it
run SETUP
restart lpd
voila, I can now print postscript, ascii, etc.

I tried to do this in FBSDi from my $60.00 set of 10 official walnut creek cds and ran up against dependancy problems.  Apparently
the dependancies are distributed randomly accross the 10 cds?  The 10 cds are:  FreeBSD 4.0, live system + packages 1, packages 2,
packages 3, FreeBSD 5.0-current, live system + packages 1, packages 2, dist 1, dist 2, dist 3. or some such.

This is very frustrating.  Perhaps someone knows of an easier method of making my hp660c work in FBSDi?

Any and all help appreciated,

Will
mailto:wsenn@postfuture.com