Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:50:10 -0700
From:      David Wilhelm <dave@bluefir.org>
To:        Marwan Sultan <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cant get to my shell!

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, at 09:03:41 +0000, Marwan Sultan wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>=20

Hi Marwan.

>  I was trying to install linux-flashplugin7 and in the same time was tryi=
ng=20
> to play with libmap.conf
>  then suddenly my system crush!
>
>  after reboot, i got this error message
>=20
>  Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
>=20
>  When i hit enter this error comes
>  /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: shared object "pluginwrapper/flash6.so" not found,=
=20
> required by "-sh"
>  /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: shared object "pluginwrapper/flash6.so" not found,=
=20
> required by "sh"
>  and it comes again to  Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/s=
h:
>  and nothing works, i cannot get into my shell,

I had the exact same thing. In my case, the problem was that I uncommented
some lines in libmap.conf, but forgot to uncomment the line with the path.
It looked like this:

# Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
#[/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0			pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libdl.so.2			pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libz.so.1			libz.so.3
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3	libstdc++.so.5
libm.so.6			libm.so.4
libc.so.6			pluginwrapper/flash6.so

After uncommenting the second line above, everything was fine.

>  i tried to use "fixit" from sysinstall by using the emergency shell, to=
=20
> delete libmap.conf
>  (asuming its cuzing the problem) but from the emergency shell u cannot s=
ee=20
> that file,

In order to edit libmap.conf, the partition where it lives needs to be
mounted. If you booted from a CD, you'll need to mount the hard drive
partition by hand.

My /etc/libmap.conf is located in the root partition, my hard drive is
ad0, and FreeBSD is on the first slice, so the device I needed is
/dev/ad0s1a. Of course, yours may be different.

=46rom the emergency shell, mount your partition to some convenient directo=
ry,
say it's /mnt:

# mount /dev/ad0s1a /mnt

Then you can edit your libmap.conf at it's current, temporary location:
# vi /mnt/etc/libmap.conf

Reboot after it's fixed.

Hope this helps,
Dave