Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 2004 04:39:36 -0500
From:      Jay Moore <jaymo@cromagnon.cullmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        fmodola@no-log.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail installation

On Friday 09 July 2004 02:45 am, fmodola@no-log.org wrote:

> I thought Sendmail was a very insecure mailing system, nevertheless, it's
> fully integrated to the FreeBSD system in the basic installation ...

I think sendmail developed a reputation for insecure code some time ago, but
they have resolved all known (major) issues. I also think sendmail was (one
of) the first MTAs - written during simpler times before most of the world's
idle assholes were equipped with PCs and cheap Internet access.

I like sendmail, and I trust it - mostly because it has endured. But I am not
an evangelist... I'd encourage you to try any other MTA's you see fit
(available in ports), and draw your own conclusions.

Jay