Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:27:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
Cc:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>, Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Post-KSE disaster with libc_r

Can someone please check out a libc_r tree as of 3 days ago
and try that...

There was a commit in libc_r/uthreads 2 days ago that might be relevant.
failing that, can someone try newly compiled utilities on an older pre-KSE
kernel?

We need to eliminate one of these two changes...

I think it's likely that it's breakage in signals from KSE
but I'd like to know that before I tear even more hair out chasing this..

SO, I'm suffering from brain fade now..
but please, signals is known to be in dire need of cleanup
after the KSE edit, (signals are delivered to processes but can effect
individual threads.  yuck)

Anyone who can help identify the problem please do.. I'm off to bed before
my head explodes..
I'll be back tomorrow AM.
I'm going to spend as much of msuspension sleeping as possible :-)