Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 03:17:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        wes@softweyr.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NT vs Linux vs FreeBSD

> And, by the way, Linux doesn't have a CVS tree, or any other sort of source
> control system.  They have Linus' home machine, and (hopefully) some
> backups somewhere.  Great way to run a development program.

Wrong.  They have Larry McVoy's "BitKeeper", which addresses a
number of the issues that result in the emergent property of
forking in the BSD distributions deriving from the BSD
distributions use of CVS.

Bitkeeper is now publically available, so long as your change log
(not including source, -- just comments) is visible on the web
(or you buy a license).

See http://www.bitkeeper.com/bk12.html for details.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org